WHAT IS ORDER OF OMEGA?
Order of Omega is an international honors society that initiates the top 3% of Greek scholars and leaders on college campuses across the U.S. and Canada.
PURPOSE OF ORDER OF OMEGA
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization that will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness.
All initiated members are required to
- Participate in Order of Omega sponsored events
- Serve as role models in the Greek community in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and service.
- Applicants must have Junior or Senior standing at Cal Poly (as of Fall Quarter 2017).
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average above all-Greek average; 2.99 GPA or higher (as of Fall Quarter 2017).
Applicants will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate the following via their application and involvement at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo:
- Exemplary Character
- Academic Excellence
- Commitment to Service
- Leadership Involvement.
Shawnna Smith, Advisor
Order of Omega